Full node synchronizing problems [v1.1.1]

• I've been running v1.1.1 since day one without issues but it stopped working about 24 hours ago so I rebooted it but it's been synchronizing ever since and doesn't appear to actually be working properly. I decided to upgrade to v1.1.2 to see if this would fix it but after extracting the .tar.gz file for Windows and then extracting the .tar file, my antivirus quarantined gvite-windows-386.exe and says it is infected with Win32:Xpaj-gen. I want to run a node but I don't want to download a virus! Could any devs weigh in on this issue?

• SBP

Our developer is checking this problem. Stay tuned.

• Sorry about the scene.

You can start v1.1.1, the app will take some time to find near peers to connect (usually about 1 minute), then will syncing to peers it connected.

You can add a field StaticNodes to reduce the time of discovery peers.

Open the windows cmd, and input following code:

curl -X POST \
      http://127.0.0.1:48132/ \
      -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
      -H 'content-type: application/json' \
      -H 'postman-token: 1e9960d8-65da-257f-b07a-c4e2a65c04bf' \
      -d '{
            "jsonrpc": "2.0",
            "id": 5,
            "method": "net_syncInfo",
            "params": null
    }'

then enter, it will show the syncing progress. syncing will take multi hours according to your network speed and the number of blocks to sync.

Any questions are welcome.

• Our code is open source. we can be sure there is no virus. Could you provide your windows version, and your antivirus application ? We will make further test.

• SBP

Just a false detection from the anti virus. They are not always 100% accurate.

Would be great if you could provide the name of the anti virus so someone or the developers could submit a false positive form to them.

Example if you're using Avast, https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

• @ryang521 said in Full node synchronizing problems [v1.1.1]:

Xpaj-gen

All code is open so there is no way to have virus. If you know some scripts you can also build the .exe file from source by yourself

• Using windows 10 and AVG free edition

• SBP

What's going on this question? If it solved, pl mark this topic as resolved.