Quota

• I have already learned that Quota can be obtained by PoW or Staking Vite. It is needed to proceed all transactions concerning vite token. I have been staking vite for a few days and I haven´t been able to cancel the staking and receive my quota yet. That's why I'm interested to know where the Quota will be stored then? Can the Vite wallet store Quota?

Last but not least, the only thing that confuses me is that 1 UTPS shown in the wallet while staking vite. What is an UTPS?

• SBP

@Leon-Sommer Quota is not a coin nor is it permanent.

You generate quota only when staking.

When you are not staking, you don't generate any quota.

If you unstake, all the quota is lost.

UTPS is basically quota simplified so you don't see a big number. A transaction consumes 21000 quota. To register a supernode consumes 62200 quota. Big numbers yeah? 😄

The devs simply divided this big number by 21000 and represented it in a smaller number. So UTPS is quota.

Send transaction = 21000/21000 = 1 UTPS
    Register SBP = 62200/21000 = 2.9619 UTPS

https://vite.wiki/tutorial/rule/quota.html

• @plasmo Thank you for your answer :)!

What's the point in staking vite then? Will be the quota transformed in vite tokens as a reward?

Because otherwise I could simply run PoW (voting nodes) all day and get my vite tokens anyway.

• SBP

@Leon-Sommer

What's the point in staking vite then?

Hmm I posted a link. You can read more about what you can do with quota.

Will be the quota transformed in vite tokens as a reward?

No.

Because otherwise I could simply run PoW (voting nodes) all day and get my vite tokens anyway.

You could do that because you're a light user. For power users who send out transactions every few seconds, or thousands per minute, clicking Run PoW everytime is time consuming and just not as smooth. Also Run Pow only grants just enough quota for basic operations (only performing transactions or voting). For advanced operations, you will be required to stake to generate more quota.