My test net experience!

• Reward

Hey, my name is Nico, I am a Vite enthusiast and I follow your project and the development for 2 months. I am happy to leave a feed back and support your initiative. I will only talk about bad points in the perspective of the user I am, but globally I really have a good testnet experience.

Wallets:
    I dowloaded your hardware wallets on both IOS and Win. I appreciate the design, pure and propre.

1. Wallet goes off after like 5 min, it is not possible to have the wallet 100% time open... Boring when working on vite wallet.
    2. On the menu, SBP registration icon must be in the last place. It concerns only a few of your users, so it has nothing to do in 3rd place, just before voting and... History!
    3. Webwallet is beautiful, but one thing is boring: You need your passphrase to open your wallet on another computer. Web wallet must offer an access everywhere, password is more simple.
    4. It is not possible to have multiple addresses.

Network:
    I really appreciate how fast your developers are working. Network is smooth, and speed is impressive. But some points do not help the usability:

1. Quota: You do not receive your vite coins until you open your wallet.
    2. I tried to run a fullnode on iOS and it do not work... (probably my poor skills) There is only tutos for Win.
    3. On explorer, DAG network picture is laggin. (mac 13")

Marketing and education:
    You can bless your community members, especially SwissVite and SnapSecure for the content they publish, if team can do more tutos and videos when there are some updates it will be cool.

I hope my feed back will help, it is from my user experience. I hope the best for the next, and I am sure you will do something cool.

• Reward

Great feedback!

Let me add to that..

Wallets:
    2. Agree ๐Ÿ™‚
    3. I disagree here. You mean you need to enter the seed at another PC? That's a security feature - your seed is only stored in your local browser storage, and never sent to some public server.
    4. Correct, that feature should be added to the web wallet as well - you should be able to generate more addresses (per seed).

Network:

1. This is done per design due to the DAG ledger (block lattice)
    2. Do you mean OS X?

• Reward

Hey, thanks for answer
    W
    3. Yes. So you have to be 24h with your seed in your pocket, it also not really safe. I prefer to assume that my webwallet is less secure, and keep my holding on hardware wallets. But it's a pov, I totally understand your answer.

Will be awesome to have the choice of both. For my uses it is not optimal to have seeds everywhere. And the fact that there is only one address pro wallet account...
    N
    2. lol yeah of course, osx.

• SBP Reward

@nik12 said in My test net experience!:

Wallet goes off after like 5 min, it is not possible to have the wallet 100% time open... Boring when working on vite wallet.

Agreed. Perhaps the developers could add an additional setting if user wants to enable Auto-logoff after certain so and so minutes or not. However I do think it is more safe to have an auto-logoff enabled by default (just maybe extend the idle time limit).

On the menu, SBP registration icon must be in the last place. It concerns only a few of your users, so it has nothing to do in 3rd place, just before voting and... History!

Yep. Probably 99% of general Vite users won't ever get to use this feature/page.

Webwallet is beautiful, but one thing is boring: You need your passphrase to open your wallet on another computer. Web wallet must offer an access everywhere, password is more simple.

It's like that by design. If you wanted a "username and password", that would mean those credentials would have to be stored somewhere (like on a centralized database) for you to be able to login. However that would pose a big security risk, because if this database were to be hacked or leaked, your funds could be drained/lost.

It is not possible to have multiple addresses.

Actually it is very possible to have multiple addresses. Just it's a bit hidden away in the settings ๐Ÿ˜œ

address.jpg

• Reward

thx plasmo, I didn't see it ๐Ÿ˜‰
    +100 โœŒ

• Reward

Hehe thanks @plasmo , how did I earn that? ๐Ÿ˜„

Ahh, i feel so stupid now.. the multiple addresses in the settings were exactly what I was looking for as well.
    Please tell me this is new, and that I haven't overlooked this menu item since the beginning. ๐Ÿคฃ

I would have expected this on the account page, where the address is shown. That this would be some kind of dropdown , or has an 'Add' button or something like that. As the text is static, I just assumed that multiple addresses are not possible.

• Reward

@luhe The multiple address is supported in the first version of wallet.

• Reward

@Leo Oops, there goes my excuse. I think I'm getting blind already. ๐Ÿ˜„

• Reward

@nik12 said in My test net experience!:

Quota: You do not receive your vite coins until you open your wallet.

I asked about this in Discord and as plasmo explained, this is how DAG works.

"Transferring funds from one account to another requires two transactions: a send deducting the amount from the senderโ€™s balance and a receive adding the amount to the receiving accountโ€™s balance" - This is from Nano's WP which is the base for Vite.

The login to your wallet will initiate the receive trx.