Vite Testnet Experience

• Reward

When the ICOs were selling like hot pan cakes in mid 2018, I was actively in search of promising ICO projects that had real long-term promise- Vite definitely made the cut. My conviction for the project rose in particular when I tested Vite's testnet (Vite's web wallet and Vite explorer) which was released much ahead of its official roadmap. #vite

Here are some of my key takeaways for the Vite
    login system:

1. I feel that the feature for logging into Vite web wallet with just a username and password is very convenient. Unlike wallets like Myetherwallet, this method of login is not cumbersome.

2. Enabling 2FA using OTP or Authenticator: I think in future some sort of 2FA mechanism can be integrated with the Wallet. This can be provided as an option to user who only allows access to the wallet via 2FA process.

3. Automatic logout: Several times I have seen that if I go to some other webpage and return to Vite wallet, the system logs me out. While this is a safeguard in procedure, a dialog box giving a message for automatic logout in x seconds can be added here.

4. I am not sure but maybe Vite can provide instructions for logging onto this wallet with safer browsers like Tor also.

5. I have really loved the rest of the features like transaction details, staking, conversion from ERC20 to testnet tokens etc. and a very cool-looking vite explorer.

6. One suggestion from my end is that certain FAQ type answers in the form of "?" within the wallet providing information about staking, SBPs, voting etc. should be included. These would be very useful for new participants and less tech-savvy users. A separate button on left side with name '"Learn how this works" can be added in which we can have basic tutorials explaining and showing how staking, voting, SBP, token migration etc. works in the wallet. #vite

• Reward

Awesome, it would also be interesting to hear honest comparison with wallets of other public blockchains 🙂

• Reward

1. One suggestion from my end is that certain FAQ type answers in the form of "?" within the wallet providing information about staking, SBPs, voting etc. should be included. These would be very useful for new participants and less tech-savvy users. A separate button on left side with name '"Learn how this works" can be added in which we can have basic tutorials explaining and showing how staking, voting, SBP, token migration etc. works in the wallet. #vite

This is actually a really good idea. Easing the onboarding/familiarization process for users new to the Vite ecosystem will go a long way towards incentivizing user engagement and "stickiness".

• Reward

educating the newcomers is also an important part as they will be in the echo system only if they know what they are doing.Good suggestions.