My Vite Testnet Experience

• Reward

Hello everyone,

I had been tracking Vite for quite some time, but my first tryst with Vite testnet happened only when I participated in one of their quizes. In the quiz, we had to send VTT (Vite test token) alongwith the answer in comments. Once I went past the hurdle of creating my own account and wallet, the first thing that struck me was how beautiful and aethestic the interface was. No silly cluttering with unncessary buttons - just keeping it nice and clean.

The transactions were extremely rapid too. I didn't have any Vite to stake to begin with, but a simple PoW process was all that was required to make any transaction. Later on, I have sent actual Vite testnet tokens and VCP too, and these transactions are as fast as the Vite test tokens. Sending tokens to friends is exetremely easy - enter their address or scan the QR code, run a short PoW algo, and tada !

The test net also provides information about registering and voting for SBPs, staking of Vite tokens, and so forth. The Vite team seems to be constantly working on adding new features to the test net. And they are engaging with the community quite often through this forum, which is something I have come to appreciate lately.

Vite recently launched mobile versions of their test net. I am an Android user, and while the Android app was not completely bug free, I will not focus on the problems here, as any new product is bound to have some issues. In fact, Vite has done a hell of a job in the first attempt. Similar to the web wallet, the mobile version has been kept very simple and functional. Transfer of tokens is fast, secure and reliable. I'm sure that the issues will be fixed shortly, and new features will be added to make the wallet's use more interesting.

Here's hoping that the Vite team goes from strength to strength. I am specially looking forward to their DEX. We crypto lovers deserve a better DEX than what Idex or Forkdelta offers us now 🙂

• Reward

I completely understand and agree with you on the Dex part. Idex, Switcheo, everything is terrible. Many tokens have no liquidity on them, and all it needs is a person with 10 eth in some cases to wipe out the entire order book.

• Reward

The vite team is ahead of their roadmap already.And the dex will also launch ahead of the schedule I think.The future is bright with Vite✊ ✊ ✊ ✌

• Reward

@falconite said in My Vite Testnet Experience:

Hello everyone,

I had been tracking Vite for quite some time, but my first tryst with Vite testnet happened only when I participated in one of their quizes. In the quiz, we had to send VTT (Vite test token) alongwith the answer in comments. Once I went past the hurdle of creating my own account and wallet, the first thing that struck me was how beautiful and aethestic the interface was. No silly cluttering with unncessary buttons - just keeping it nice and clean.

The transactions were extremely rapid too. I didn't have any Vite to stake to begin with, but a simple PoW process was all that was required to make any transaction. Later on, I have sent actual Vite testnet tokens and VCP too, and these transactions are as fast as the Vite test tokens. Sending tokens to friends is exetremely easy - enter their address or scan the QR code, run a short PoW algo, and tada !

The test net also provides information about registering and voting for SBPs, staking of Vite tokens, and so forth. The Vite team seems to be constantly working on adding new features to the test net. And they are engaging with the community quite often through this forum, which is something I have come to appreciate lately.

Vite recently launched mobile versions of their test net. I am an Android user, and while the Android app was not completely bug free, I will not focus on the problems here, as any new product is bound to have some issues. In fact, Vite has done a hell of a job in the first attempt. Similar to the web wallet, the mobile version has been kept very simple and functional. Transfer of tokens is fast, secure and reliable. I'm sure that the issues will be fixed shortly, and new features will be added to make the wallet's use more interesting.

Here's hoping that the Vite team goes from strength to strength. I am specially looking forward to their DEX. We crypto lovers deserve a better DEX than what Idex or Forkdelta offers us now 🙂

I think there's a campaign for reporting bugs for Android app. So you can take advantage of the bugs you found there.

• Reward

I think the campaign is over now. Yes, I did report a couple of bugs, and also won some tokens 🙂 Anyways, what I meant was that there were no major bugs, and any new product always some issues. So its not worthwhile to mention the bugs here.

Suggested Topics