How to Cancel Cash App Transaction

• Cash App allows users to transfer or receive money in the simplest way through the phone number $Cashtag. People can either manually enter the details or can select the contact from the phone book. In usual circumstances, Cash App payments are available instantly and are sent within a few seconds, so it is technically impossible to retain the money once the payment is initiated. However, it is still not impossible to cancel a cash app payment. You can only cancel a payment until it gets settled into the recipient's account or get stuck in between.

Moreover, if you want the payment returned, you need to request a refund from the recipient for the same account. In this article, I will help you in canceling the cash app payment. Whether you send money to the right or wrong person, I will discuss all these scenarios here. So let's begin and get over it in detail.

Can I cancel a Cash App payment if it's pending?

Cash App does not allow users to cancel the payment directly, but this is one alternative. You can cancel a Cash App payment usually if it is in pending or unclaimed status. You have to check the activity page, here find the pending payment and cancel it.

To cancel a pending payment on Cash App, follow these simple steps:

Open the Cash App on your Android or i-phone device.
    Click on the Activity tab.
    Here search for the payment that is showing pending status. 
    Now click on the three dots shown on the top right corner of the screen to check detailed information. If ht payment is pending, then you will get the calculation option.
    Tap on the Cancel button to cancel the payment and get your money returned.

What is the reason for the Cash App payment pending?

When discussing the procedure of canceling a cash app transaction, it is also pertinent to know why a cash app payment is pending. There are various reasons due to which you see the cash app payment failed error. Following are some of the causes behind the cash app pending status:

Low speed internet/ wi-fi connectivity 
    Server issues at the bank's end
    Insufficient funds in the account
    Using an older version of the Cash App
    Cash App not working/ down today
    Cash App account locked due to violation of terms of services.

These are some of the prominent reasons that can cause the problem of cash app payment pending. If you have not verified the cash app account, you won't be sent up to 250 within any 7 days.