Best posts made by nik12
RE: More Details about ViteX Economic Model
@Choeriswangqiji I appreciate exchange tokens as an incentive, and my portfolio is full of that coins.
- It's classical game theory, do you prefer to save 1$ today or 2$ in a year. It is more true in trading activity, because of the nature of our job.
- What is the best incentive, saving money with low fees everyday or paying high fees to hope to get some of this fees one day with a ratio that you cannot anticipate back to you.
- Because of you architecture you can propose lower fees than anyone in the market, and based on your distribution ratio, team ask for a 0.05% fees in reality. A 0.1% (what is the reference fees for 2019 based on my own opinion) fees will provide 50% of all incomes back to the community, what is still a huge gift to the community, and it will be the exact same for vitelabs.
- There is also a time dimension, regarding your distribution model. What if I discover ViteX in 2 years.
- As a VX holder, the goal is to have a maximum users on the platform, so the platform will live for a long time, and I will get dividend for life. Better less than nothing.
That said, it is just my own opinion, I am talking without seeing all the elements that you, project leaders have, so please consider this as a critical but well intentioned comment. As a trader, I chase good services / low fees ratio as my fist requirement when I trade somewhere. And I simply refuse to pay a 1% fee for a full trade, whatever if the money goes to the community or to me if I play a tokenomics, I am a trader not a tokenomy player, I have no time for that, and I see it as a problem.
My test net experience!
Hey, my name is Nico, I am a Vite enthusiast and I follow your project and the development for 2 months. I am happy to leave a feed back and support your initiative. I will only talk about bad points in the perspective of the user I am, but globally I really have a good testnet experience.
I dowloaded your hardware wallets on both IOS and Win. I appreciate the design, pure and propre.
- Wallet goes off after like 5 min, it is not possible to have the wallet 100% time open... Boring when working on vite wallet.
- On the menu, SBP registration icon must be in the last place. It concerns only a few of your users, so it has nothing to do in 3rd place, just before voting and... History!
- Webwallet is beautiful, but one thing is boring: You need your passphrase to open your wallet on another computer. Web wallet must offer an access everywhere, password is more simple.
- It is not possible to have multiple addresses.
I really appreciate how fast your developers are working. Network is smooth, and speed is impressive. But some points do not help the usability:
- Quota: You do not receive your vite coins until you open your wallet.
- I tried to run a fullnode on iOS and it do not work... (probably my poor skills) There is only tutos for Win.
- On explorer, DAG network picture is laggin. (mac 13")
Marketing and education:
You can bless your community members, especially SwissVite and SnapSecure for the content they publish, if team can do more tutos and videos when there are some updates it will be cool.
I hope my feed back will help, it is from my user experience. I hope the best for the next, and I am sure you will do something cool.
One year after!
Hey Vite team,
It is now one year since you launched your network, and I see :
Zero private company engaged with Vite devlopement
Zero dapps (but games based on your code)
Less SBPs (46)
Zero Marketing effort
I follow other DAG networks, Vite has the fastest technical development, but for sure the worst bizdev and communication.
The only person we can talk with is your CMs. CMs are not techies, not sales, not team. So we always have poor answers.
Impossible to understand the vision, your roadmap ends this Q.
The asset price is down 92% since the pre-sale, and down 75% since the launch of vitex.
How do you plan to bring more people to Vite?
RE: More Details about ViteX Economic Model
- Sorry, but 0.5% is everything but reasonable, my bank takes less fees. It's the highest fee of the all market.
- You are speaking like everybody will be VX big holder...
- As a full time trader, I tell you, I will never trade with 0.5% fee, it is just a fact, and you can ask other traders.
- As a DEX, you can be cheaper than other exchanges, and as a DAG based DEX, you can be cheaper than other DEX.
So your model is good only for VX whale, but not for users (especially vite token users). To me 0.5% is a deal breaker. It's just my honest opinion, I hope you will do a comparative analysis and see that your fees are 5x higher than the all market. Fee level is the 1st thing traders look at. Exchange token must be an incentive, not the inverse.
RE: Announcement: SwissVite increases the reward distribution!
Great news, congrats SwissVite!
RE: One year after!
Vite is Ankr's client. Harmony will list their assets on Vitex, it's just an operator client.
True for Vitex, a BIG dapp built on top of vite network, but it's made from the team... And with their 0.25% basic fees, we see that it does not seduce operators. It's quite impossible to make money as an operator, but if you propose high listing fees. The propose of a dex is to list assets for quite nothing.
RE: [SBP Proposal] SwissVite.org — 03-01-2019 — SwissVite contributions summary
Thanks for your guide from okex to staking, ez.
My swiss bank
RE: One year after!
Thank you @Richard_Yan for your long answer. I can now better understand your vision. Do not hesitate to communicate more on that because this is full of sense. But if we don't know that, we cannot understand your vision. You said you have time, it's a luxury others don't have.
What is important to show is that Vite is here for the long run, and have a sustainable plan. We need to understand how Vitelabs will fund its development and what is the plan you follow.
RE: My Vite Testnet experience
Regarding full node, I was surprised that full node does not need collateral. Collaterals are not only a barrier of entry, but also a security garant to preserve from malicious actions.
Hard to breakeven if you rent a server to run a full node, so I can imagine centralization will not happen.
I am happy with mine.. sometime I have to sync again, but I hope this will be soon updated.
+1 for plasmo and his tutos and upcoming faucet, and +1 for SwissVite crew for their fair rewards distribution and community initiatives.