Two things You Need to Know about Quota

• There are only two points you need to know about quota:

• Transactions cost quota

• Staking and calculating PoW earn quota for fee

1. What is Quota?

In Vite system, quota is used to measure computing resources, the unit of quota is Unit Transaction(UT for short).

To put it simple, quota of a transaction means how much quota this transaction needs to cost, quota of an address means how much quota this address can spend.

0ee38ea0-661f-4faf-8fdd-2b0805efde5d-image.png

In Vite Wallet, you will see an address owns Spendable Quota and Quota Limit

Spendable Quota is how much unit transaction you can send at the moment; Quota Limit is the number of unit transaction you can send within a period of time. Every sent transaction causes the Spendable Quota to decrease, after a period of time, the quota cost will recover.

9c785add-7e57-43c6-9369-228bd104ad47-image.png

2. How to Get Quota?
    There are two ways to get quota which are both free: 1, Stake. 2, PoW Computed

Get quota through staking: Stake VITE to the staking smart contract will earn quota. To stake and to withdraw are both free, and the rule is also simple: Stake at least 134 VITE, can get quota for any address, free withdraw after 3 days.
    Get quota through computing PoW: PoW is short for Power of Work, when a user's quota is not enough to send a transaction, Vite Official will compute PoW to get the quota needed by the transaction for the user for free.

50e1770f-0d4f-41a6-a0c8-739c48b6033f-image.png

3. How much VITE needs to be staked in different scenarios?

Quota needed in different transaction scenario varies, so the amount staked also varies, find the staked amount needed in different scenarios in the following chart.

Chart of Transaction Scenario and Amount Staked

1b072b45-cd7c-49df-8e3c-d86d379e6326-image.png

For dApp Developers, find details here https://vite.wiki/zh/tutorial/rule/quota.html

4. What is Dynamic Quota?
    To ensure the health of Vite system, and to ease the congestion of the system, Vite introduces the concept of Dynamic Quota. Once Dynamic Quota phase is triggered, quota needed by a transaction will not change, however, the staked amount for your address will be multiplied by a coefficient before computing quota limit, your quota limit will shrink temporarily. Also, getting quota through computing PoW will not be provided during Dynamic Quota phase.

After the traffic gets eased, quota computing method will be recovered, getting quota through computing PoW will be recovered too.

• @Lola said in Two things You Need to Know about Quota:

so the amount staked also varies, find the staked amount needed in different scenarios in the following chart.
    Chart of Transaction

• @bakerlisicous77 said in Two things You Need to Know about Quota:

@Lola said in Two things You Need to Know about Quota:

so the amount staked also varies, find the staked amount needed in different scenarios in the following chart.
    Chart of Transaction
    How to Stake

• @amdsohag You can find "Get Quota" in VITE page.69c6d9ac-7bbc-41af-a604-b5c9bf7a19c5-image.png

• @Lola where i can see my stacking bonus??.

• Can someone explain in layman's term if I stake 500k Vite what i will get in returns and how I should do this?